Mauritius - watercolors (1)







Back home and to life's reality after spending time in paradise...
These watercolors help me to remeber those sweet moments.
Apart from the first one they are all painted on a boat in a little complicated conditions, the boat changing directions all the time and moving with the waves. (I was also supposed to be the "photograph reporter" every time the "fishermen" catched a baracuda or some other sea monster, which interrupted me regularly as the baracudas are hungry fishes). One day we even followed a whale and her baby for a while, an amazing moment! At the end of our stay I didn't come along on the boat, as it finally made me seasick while painting and as it takes time for me to get rid of it once I'm sick. These watercolors are painted directly without any drawing on before hand to avoid the feeling of coulouring instead of painting and to gain some time as I had to paint quickly.

Comments

  1. Très belles pages aquarellées et spontanées.

    ReplyDelete
  2. realy good work Helen...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational work. The compositions, the colour..everything! Wonderful !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment