January 24, 2012

Watercolor figure sketches (4)...






Yesterdays sketches from figure drawing session, and these are 10 and 25 minute poses. As usual I have a preference for the shorter ones, as they avoid me to get stuck with details. The best would be if I could manage to keep the energy and simplicity even if the sitting is longer, and I should use the time to let the mix of pigment/water live on the paper and only react to it when needed. 
Right now I try to concentrate on colour, and the ratio water/pigment I should use. This, while trying to be spontaneous, without too many interventions. A little difficult, but practice might help a lot so I will persevere. 


5 comments:

Nes said...

Estupendas Helen, sigue, ya se nota que llevas andado mucho camino, pero tú sigue, que es una delicia ver tu trabajo. Un saludo

AnAis said...

Buenísimos, Helen

L ROSSI said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ouais!!!
Les deux première sont génial!!
Plus comme ça!! (s'il te plait :))

Helen Ström said...

Gracias amigos!! Seguiré mi camino...

Marilyn Flanegan said...

I really enjoy seeing an artist's grace and confidence revealed in their work. bravo Helen!