Engraving of today...




Glad I went to my engraving session today. I started this engraving this morning at home, just to get started, and I finished it in the afternoon. It's a dry point (again) and this time inspired from the drawing in my sketchbook I did in Bretagne. I rarely use my sketches to work with, which might be a pity as  many times it's the only way to get things done. Of course, I prefer to be on sight, but it's not always possible specially when engraving a plate. I will try sometime though, to see how it works out...

Comments

  1. Very nice - I actually prefer the higher contrast to the drawing :'D
    I think it's cool to use sketches you made on location to inform your other work - it's the whole process of analysis/research and perfecting ones understanding of the subject :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment