Joaquin Sorolla studies...



It has been a while and the moment has come to update a little around here. I'll have to try harder to keep up on every level. There is always something falling behind.
The semester of the watercolor classes I'm giving, at Atelier du Passage in Paris, has reach it's end. As a conclusion an exposition of students work was organized this week-end. We had all worked on a theme called "in the style of", and students could study one or several artists' work and do watercolors "in the style" of the artist they had chosen. During classes I also proposed to work from spanish painter Joaquin Sorolla's oil paintings, which tend to be so luminous that they can suite for studies in watercolor. Why I particularly like his work might also be that it often remind me of the light, colors and views I've so often seen and loved during my early years living in spain.
Here is an example of mine. Of course if I did this one a second time I know what I would change, but sometimes it's just as good to move on. More is to come...

Comments