Step by step, a white peonies bouquet...



Here we have another step by step of white peonies painting in watercolor. 
I work on Arches paper, 300gr, which I wet on the back and the front (or just the front for a simple wash) apart of the flowers there, and after putting down my light drawing of the subject. 
Note that humidifying to the heart of the paper, give more time to paint wet in wet. 
• I paint the background on wet, soften some contours of the flowers and I let it all dry. 
• Then I paint the rest ; petals, leaves and water, with several layers of  washes on dry paper. 
It's important to leave the lightest petals white and their shadows should be clean and translucent in cool and warm grays and some pure tones. The warm ones give impression of reflected light which helps to obtain luminosity. 
• I vary the colors of the leaves, warm to cool and light to dark, using the same components color wise as a base and of any choice, which will bring harmony although the variety in tones. 











Comments