My Moleskine today (39)…






Hello there! 
Here I am, back from some traveling and from some time off in Mauritius. First of all I would like to thank you for still visiting my blog even if I'm "out" and thanks to my new visitors for their interest. 
I have drawn only a little while away, (I also felt the need to rest even that part of my brain, he he), but I got a few drawings coming up... 
I spent quite a lot of time snorkeling and searching for seashells. Other times when snorkeling I didn't see them, but now I know "how to look", and I finally there are plenty. They where not always clean or empty, but once in a while the luck was with me and I found a few really nice shells. 
Here we got Mr. "Bernard l'Hermite" as we call them in France. Funny crabs in shells as I guess everyone has seen some time. This one was particularly cute, as he looked like wearing an helmut and I had an enjoyable moment drawing his "portrait".
The last picture shows a beautiful seashell with a crab too, that I found with my son Alix when  snorkeling behind the coral reef. As we refuse to kill alive shells or shells with crabs we thought we might try to get the crab out of there somehow. Without any suffering of course! So, without too much hope, we put him in a bowl with sea water, sand and another empty shell, to see if he would fancy a new "home". He did!! A few moments later he was installed and ready to go back into the sea! 

Comments

  1. Yay! :)
    Je suis content de voire ton retour sur le blog!...tes dessins me manque!(et bien sur toi aussi ;))
    J'espere que tu as passé une bonne "time off"....
    ....
    C'est une domage on ne peux pas fait ce que tu as fait ici avec M. Bernard, avec tous les animaux..... just grab them so they stay still whilst we draw them! :D
    (meme avec des modeles vivant du temps en temp!)
    A tres bientot j'espere,
    Laurent

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime beaucoup vos dessins et l'histoire avec le bernard l'hermite est trop mignonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurent!! Nice to "see" you again!!
    Interesting comment! Yes I discovered the joy of "grabbing" the model here, he he. Very enjoyable and fun with this crab who had nice looks and who wasn't shy at all!
    The fish was dead though when I run into him.
    Hope to see you soon too!!
    Whenever you are going to the zoo I'll join you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy!!! Helen, que bueno ver y leerte de nuevo, muy bonita la historia del cangrejo y su mudanza!! jeje.
    Un gusto ver de nuevo tus dibujos... cada vez me gusta más el color del copic!
    Un fuerte abrazo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci Lilotte (ou Mary?) d'exprimer ton intérêt! C'est une joie de partager avec des personnes généreuses!

    Juan Carlos gracias, la verdad es que ami tambien me gusta mas y mas el Copic sepia y estoy empezando a ser adicta a este color que me parece mas y mas luminosa y calida! Gracias a ti descubro tesoros! Y ahora he encontrado la tienda donde encontrarlos, no se si te lo dije ya?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me alegra tu vuelta, confío en disfrutar de tus apuntes, en los que salen realmente favorecedores pescados y cangrejos.
    Sigo atento.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej...jag har undrat var du tog vägen..gillar att se dina fina teckningar..//Karina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Helen. Great work. I really like the title painting too. It' very acomplished and a very nice composition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment